Wheat Is the most consumed whole grain in the world and provides benefits such as weight control, better digestion and antioxidants.
Metabolism is a term that is used to describe all chemical reactions involved in maintaining the living state of the cells and the organism. The metabolism is responsible for transforming the energy contained in the food we eat in the fuel we need to move and maintain our vital functions. (1)
How to know if the metabolism works properly? In most cases the final product of the food that we consumed is glucose, it can be burned to provide energy to the body or it can be transformed into fat. When the metabolism works properly, the glucose will be used and will not be stored; in the opposite case, when the metabolism is "slow", the process will end with the accumulation of body fat and a low level of energy. (1)
These three habits will help you improve your metabolism:
1) Follow a healthy diet:
Nutrition experts recommend the consumption of a variety of foods in the right amounts to include all the necessary nutrients that help improve metabolism. Therefore, if you want a healthy weight, it is more effective to stimulate your metabolism by eating healthy and having good habits to reduce the calories in the diet. (2)
2) Establish and respect the schedules for food.
The energy you need, from food, should be distributed in 4 or 5 daily meals: breakfast, lunch, lunch or dinner, this distribution will serve to keep glucose
Eating the right portions several times a day helps keep your metabolism active; On the contrary, if you limit yourself to eating once or twice a day, you affect your metabolism, Eat every 4 to 6 hours. (3)
3) Keep moving.
Do aerobic exercise for 30 to 60 minutes a day helps keep your metabolism accelerated for several hours.
It is recommended to practice aerobic exercise such as walking, running, or swimming and include 20 minutes of routines with weights 2 or 3 times a week to improve your metabolism. (4)
Follow these tips to improve your metabolism and maintain a healthy weight.
1. Colección Food And agricultura Organitation of the United Nations(FAO). Nutrición Humana en el mundo en desaroolo capítulo 8: Composición corporal, funciones de los alimentos, metabolismo y energía. Alimentación y nutrición N° 29, 2002. available in: http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/w0073s/w0073s0c.htm
2. B J Rolls. What is the role of portion control in weight management?. nt J Obes (Lond). 2014, volume 8, issue 1, pages S1–S8, available in: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4105579/
3. Marjet J. M. Munsters* and Wim H. M. Saris. Effects of Meal Frequency on Metabolic Profiles and Substrate Partitioning in Lean Healthy Males, pLoS ON, 2012, volume 7 issue 6, pages: 38632, available in: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374835/
4. Darren E.R. Warburton, Crystal Whitney Nicol and Shannon S.D. Bredin. Health benefits of physical activity: the evidence. CMAJ, 2006, volumn 174, issue 6, pages 801-809. available in: http://www.cmaj.ca/content/174/6/801.full
Nutrición Grupo Bimbo last review may 2018
To take care of your health and maintain a healthy weight, it is important to follow a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular physical activity.
Insufficient physical activity is one of the leading risk factors for death worldwide, 23% of adults and 81% of teenagers don´t stay active enough.
Metabolism is a term that is used to describe all chemical reactions involved in maintaining the living state of the cells and the organism. The metabolism is responsible for transforming the energy contained in the food we eat in the fuel we need to move and maintain our vital functions.
Today, we are the largest baking company in the world, with presence in more than 33 countries and a great resposibility to our consumers to positively contribute to the health of our society through sustainable actions.